Happy New Year! On this second Sunday of January, we will worship the Lord in song and through scripture:
- Welcome/Announcements: We take care of the business of the church.
- Opening Prayer: We invite God to be attentive to our worship of him.
- “Whom Shall I Fear?”: We sing a song of praise that reminds us that God is always right by our side.
- Responsive Reading (Psalm 29): We recite an ancient song that celebrates the power of God and the peace that he gives his people.
- “God of Wonders”: We continue in praise by worshiping the Lord of heaven and earth.
- Offering: We give our tithes and offerings as an act of thanksgiving to our almighty Lord.
- “Victory in Jesus”: We sing a song of testimony, because the power of God transforms our lives!
- Scripture Reading (Isaiah 43:1-7): The Old Testament prophet reminds us that God loves us and is always with us.
- “Wonderful Peace”: This hymn of reflection speaks of the peace we have because God is with us.
- Scripture Reading (Luke 3:15-17, 21-22): In this gospel reading, John the Baptist points the way to Jesus and then baptizes Jesus.
- “Open My Eyes That I May See”: As a response to the glory revealed at Jesus’s baptism, we prepare for prayer by asking God to open our eyes to see Jesus, too.
- Prayer: We lift up our requests before the ever-present, ever-loving Lord.
- Special Music: Our faithful piano player Deann Smith will present an instrumental offering of worship to the Lord.
- Message: Our guest preacher for the day will be Pastor Jim Shanks, a good friend of ours from Eagle Ridge Church of God.
- “Consecration”: We close the service by consecrating ourselves to the Lord’s service.
- Benediction: We depart in peace, knowing that Christ goes with us everywhere we go.
Come and worship!