This Sunday, we will celebrate the truth that all creation praises God. This will help us to see God more clearly, and consequently we can see ourselves more appropriately too. Come and worship Christ with us! Here is what to expect in the worship service:
- Welcome/Announcements: We take care of the business of the church.
- Opening Prayer: We invite and welcome God’s presence among us.
- “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”: We join all creation in singing praise to God.
- Psalm 19: We read together about how “the heavens declare the glory of God.”
- “Indescribable”: We sing about how incomparable God is in this entire universe.
- Tithes and Offerings: We give part of ourselves, part of our resources, in celebration of the goodness of God.
- “Blessed Assurance”: We sing a song of testimony about how Jesus has helped us to see himself and his salvation.
- “Open the Eyes of My Heart”: We prepare for prayer by singing this song, in which we ask God to help us see clearly.
- Prayer: We offer our praises and requests to the Lord.
- Special Music: We listen to a new song of worship as we continue in celebration of Jesus our Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-31a: We hear scripture proclaim that we are each an indispensable part of the body of the Christ.
- Jeremiah 1:4-10: The sermon text focuses our attention on the prophet Jeremiah’s sense of inadequacy at the beginning of his ministry.
- Message (“Good News: Transforming Shame”): Pastor David helps us think about the human emotion of shame and how God wants to transform our lives so we are not dependent on that emotion.
- “Have Thine Own Way, Lord”: We sing this song of commitment as the service comes to a close.
- Benediction: We depart in peace, taking with us a symbol of God’s provision and mission.
Come and worship!