State Youth Convention was SPECTACULAR! We had so much fun, so inspired and touched by the Word of God, so much drama, victorious in our recreational pursuits, overwhelmed by the worship and CHALLENGED! Challenged to walk with the Lord, to step out and LIVE our faith in our homes, our schools and our communities. The kids all came home with their stories yearning to share how God worked in their hearts. THANK YOU for all the support and encouragement in our fundraisers. Your help really made a difference and we are very appreciative and grateful! Thank You!
Summer begins, a few more days of school, the 6th grade had their last meeting and the last Sunday night youth meeting is June 2nd. CONGRATULATIONS to our three graduating seniors from Bullock Creek, Chase Brenske, Corey Forster and Paul Hassen! Walk with the Lord as you begin this new phase in your journey as high school comes to an end. Our last meeting will be an introduction to the 2014 International Youth Convention in Nashville, TN. Come and learn all about the “preparations” we need to start and plan for our IYC and mission project next summer. On Sunday mornings (except a couple) we invite the ENTIRE youth group to join us for a series on the “Parables of Jesus” @ 10:00 AM. We will not be meeting formally on Sunday evenings so we are encouraging you to join us on Sunday mornings. No snacks, no games, just the solid WORD of GOD, followed by Mt. Haley Worship service.
Our summer schedule begins the first week of June. The tentative schedule is:
- Friday, June 7 @ 8:00 PM – Campfire Meeting @ the home of Lawrence & Jo Adams
- Thursday, June 13 @ 7:00 PM – Softball Game & BBQ with Meridian CHOG
- Wednesday, June 19 @ 7:00 PM – Scavenger Hunt
- Saturday, June 29 – Day at the Beach in Ludington State Park on Lake Michigan
- July 7- July 22 – Pastor Jerry & Connie out of town
- Thursday, July 25 @ 7:00 PM – Mt. Haley @ Loons Game
- Saturday, August 3 – Traveling to theme park, Michigan Adventure (whole family welcomed!)
- Friday, August 2-9 – St. Louis Camp Meeting
- August 11-17 – Midland County Fair
- Friday–Sunday, August 23-25 – Camping/Tubing/Canoeing in Mio
We have one more yard raking project to complete if we can ever get it to stop raining (on a day we have rakers) then we will be done with fundraisers for a couple of months. (Hopefully it is finished before you read this.) Otherwise, we have the weekly Sunday morning meetings and our fun activities of the summer.
Parents and Church, your prayers, support and encouragement are greatly appreciated and we look forward every week to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with our students through interaction, study, fellowship and relationship. Thank you for sharing your son or daughter.
We encourage everyone to come and be a part of our weekly Mt. Haley Worship every week at 11:00 AM and hope to see your kids the Sunday morning meetings and the summer activities.
Love God, Love People